Just over a week ago I received a text message from a friend asking if I was interested in running a 5k with her. My immediate thought was no, there is no way I could run 3.1 miles. I took the afternoon to think about it and I was registered for the run by the end of the day. The run was for raising support & awareness for the fight against human trafficking.
The run was only a few days after I registered so I had absolutely no time to train. I just hoped for the best. I surprised myself and did reasonably well for not being a runner and not having trained.
 |
| Pre-run |
 |
| Post-run. Celebrating at Starbucks. |
I had a lot of fun running and challenging myself. I look forward to running another 5k in the near future.
Way to go! I try to run pretty regularly (it's an on and off thing I do a couple times a year, haha!) ... but I'm only up to 2 miles and I always feel like I'm going to pass out after (during). I am very impressed!
ReplyDelete