Monday, July 30, 2012

Best Birthday

This past Thursday I celebrated another birthday. This year I was able to celebrate with my family. It has been 5 years and it made me so happy to be with them.  Normally I don’t brag about my presents but there is one I received this year I cannot pass up telling you about.

The best birthday present I got this year was my brother returning home from Afghanistan. About two weeks ago I got word from my parents that he would be coming in on the 26th. While I was excited I tried to remain composed so that I would not get my hopes up. Days passed and the arrival date remained the same. I changed my travel plans to go with my parents to his homecoming.

After a long day of waiting, the buses finally pulled in just after 10pm.  As all of the men marched in I could barely contain myself….after months and months of worrying and praying he was finally home. My family quickly spotted him and within moments we were all gathered together once again.

Baby fell asleep while waiting for Uncle Z

Uncle Z seeing little man for the first time in 7 months
Together again

This was the best birthday and I am so thankful my brother is back on American soil!

We were able to enjoy a few days with my brother and little man was so happy to see his Uncle. Lots more pictures to post but here is one of my favorites!




Ni Hao Yall

1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad he is home safe and sound! And what a wonderful birthday present!

    ReplyDelete